Mar 3, 2011

Matrix-style anomalies in real life.

In the past three weeks or so, I've had at least two experiences of anomalies in reality. These are really worrying to me, because they indicate a real cognitive problem - a huge dissociation.

Here's the only one I can remember:

I lost my transit pass. I had it in my front breast pocket, and that's the first place I looked for it. I expected it to be there, but I checked anyway, as people with ADD tend to do. I was surprised not to find it there, but I still checked that pocket, along with all my others, about 15 times before giving up and walking to my destination.

After about two hours, I was searching my pockets again for something else, and found the missing transit pass, in my front breast pocket, where I'd thought it had been earlier, and where I'd searched over and over again.

I wrote to a couple of friends about this, in total alarm, and didn't receive any reply from them. I'm not sure whether they're so weirded out that they don't want to talk with me about it, or they thought I was intoxicated and didn't want to address it.

So this was going to be a blog entry about yet another valuable thing that I've lost because of my ADD, but instead it's about how I can't be sure that anything is actually there or not there.

I wish I could remember the other thing that happened like this... it was even more alarming and I'm not sure why I can't remember it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment